Our principal is a proud member of the International Dance Teachers Association. This allows our company to enter students for examinations, and is evidence that our school is qualified and safe for all students to attend.
At PurelyDanceUK, The safety of our students is our top priority and as a company we always ensure dance training is given to participants at our highest knowledge and only staff who is qualified, insured, DBS checked and first aid trained will lead classes.
Classes held from September 2018 (Including any workshops before hand) will be taught ONLY by those with the above.
Our company will accept NO form of bullying or inappropriate behaviour towards any student, parent, or staff.
All legal documentation policy's will need to be signed by an appropriate adult and all T&C agreed once a student has taken their first lesson. Our policy's will reassure anyone who will regularly enter our studio of Health & Safety rules, Fire Evacuation, and general rules and regulations of our company.
GDPR - Data Protection.
Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and replaces the previous data protection. PurelyDanceUK is committed to protecting the rights and freedoms of individuals with respect to the processing of children’s, parents, visitors and staffs personal data.
The Data Protection Act gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them. It provides a framework to ensure that personal information is handled properly.
Any Documentation that is in relate to Students at PurelyDanceUK will be signed and T&C agreed with by parents and guardians, and will be stored appropriately.
PurelyDanceUK Certificates, achievements and Qualifications can be displayed at our studio for parents to have a look at if they wish. Authorized entry to our building allow us to responsibly display these documents and does not affect the GDPR rules. We do not permit photographs to be taken of these documents and can only be used for the purpose of clarification that all our staff are qualified, insured, first aid trained and DBS checked.
Purely Dance UK is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people up to the age of 18. We recognise our responsibility to take all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse, and exploitation. Purely Dance UK acknowledges its duty to act appropriately to any allegations, reports, or suspicions of abuse. All staff and volunteers will work together to encourage the development of an ethos which embraces difference and diversity and respects the rights of children, young people and adults. Purely Dance UK recognises its duty of care under the Children and Young Persons Act 1963, the Children (Performances and Activities) (England) Regulations 2014, the Children Act 1989 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015.
Purely Dance UK will ensure that:
• The welfare of the child is paramount
• All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse
• All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
: • Everyone will be treated with respect and dignity
• The welfare of each child will always be put first
• Enthusiastic and constructive criticism will be given to pupils rather than negative criticism
• Bullying will not be accepted or condoned
• All adult members will provide a positive role model
• Action will be taken to stop any inappropriate behaviour
• It will comply with health & safety legislation
• It will keep informed of changes in legislation and policies for the protection of children
• It will undertake relevant professional development and training
• It will ensure all contact and medical details for every child is up to date and available at the place of teaching or performance
. • All staff will receive dedicated safeguarding training.
Purely Dance UK has a designated Safeguarding lead who is in charge of ensuring that the child protection policy is adhered to. The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Principal Jamie-Jean. In implementing this policy Purely Dance UK will:
• Ensure that all workers/members understand their legal and moral responsibility to protect children and young people from harm, abuse, and exploitation.
• Ensure that all workers/members and volunteers understand their duty to report concerns that arise about a child or young person, or a worker conduct towards a child or young person to the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
• The Designated Safeguarding Lead will refer any child protection concerns to the statutory child protection agencies (i.e. Police and/or Children’s Social Care).
• Children, young people and parents will be informed of who the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputy are and be able to raise any safeguarding concerns & know that these will be taken seriously and acted upon.
• Ensure that workers/members will work implemented in a consistent and equitable manner in line with the safer working practice guidance Insert link. This policy will be regularly monitored by our Principal and will be subject to an annual review.